As Cambridge experiences unprecedented interest in UK|China investments and business deals, Cambridge China Centre is curating an exclusive pitch event at The Bradfield Centre on the 21st March with the aim
As Cambridge experiences unprecedented interest in UK|China investments and business deals, Cambridge China Centre is curating an exclusive pitch event at The Bradfield Centre on the 21st March with the aim of connecting Chinese investors with emerging and innovative Cambridge and UK-based businesses. This event directly follows the 29th Annual Business Weekly Awards where Cambridge China Centre will be a judge and presenter of the UK|China Business Award, the first ever in the Business Weekly Awards history.
Chinese investors attending the pitch event on the 21st March include：
- TusPark UK – the UK branch of TusPark, the largest innovation ecosystem worldwide (owning over 200 incubators/science parks/science cities), and one of the most successful science and technology investors in China. TusPark UK has presences in Cambridge and Newcastle, offering office/wet lab space and leading Accelerator Programmes that include a range of funding and financial services, incubation, as well as expertise with positioning UK start-ups for entry into the China market.
- Huajin Capital – the investment arm of Zhuhai Huafa group, the largest comprehensive enterprise group in Zhuhai and one of the top 500 Chinese companies and the top 500 Chinese service companies. Huafa Group currently holds four listed companies including Huafa Share, Huajin Capital, Huajin International Capital and Huaguan Technology. Huafa Capital is voted by Zero2IPO as one of “China’s Top 50 PE Firms” in 2017 & 2018.
- Puhua Capital – one of the most successful venture capital investment firms in China that focuses on the early and growing Healthcare, Technology and pan-culture companies across China, Europe and the US. Puhua Capital is headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang with offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, London and Berlin. During the past 15 years, Puhua Capital has invested in over 400 excellent start-ups, with over 17 billion RMB assets under management worldwide.
- The UK China Enterprise Fund – a Chinese-capital-backed VC fund managed by ET Capital, the Cambridge based VC. Focusing on spin-outs from top-tier universities or startups in the UK and exploiting Chinese capital, markets and manufacturing capacities, the Fund focuses on new materials, clean tech, AI, semiconductors, automotive and aviation industries. The Fund aims for growth in the UK and China to drive strong returns for investors. A parallel China-based fund focuses on Chinese subsidiaries or JVs at growth stage.
- The Sino-UK Fund – the Sino-UK Fund is a new equity investment fund set up to finance market entry and development for UK companies seeking to access the China market. The Sino-UK Fund focuses on medtech, biotech, cleantech and agritech.
- Hangzhou Oxbridge Asset Management – Provides advisory and discretionary investment management services within China and the UK.
With thanks to our hosts:
21st march 2019 2:00pm - 21st march 2019 5:30pm
The Bradfield Centre
Auditorium, The Bradfield Centre, 184 Cambridge Science Park Milton Road, Milton, Cambridge CB4 0GA